Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Broadcast Artisans Call To Arms!

I found John Doyle and Greg Pickhaver a taste that took a long time to acquire, when my first exposure was JJJ's This Sporting Life segment. As I am with olives, I am glad that I took the time to get used to the taste as now it's one I savour.

In the wonderful tradition of people reading these things to be told what to do/read/think/eat, I am linking to John Doyle's Andrew Olle Lecture 2005. You can read it, but to really appreciate it, I'd recommend downloading the mp3.

It's all here.

For anyone reading outside Australia, it may be a bit cryptic in parts, (Hell, for someone living in the west of australia bits of it were a bit cryptic) but he raises some excellent points. Especially the taxing of commercial networks to fund ABC drama.

No comments: